- Pacbrake’s Direct Mount 4 inch PRXB High Performance Exhaust Brake Kit for Dodge RAM 2004.5-2007 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine w/ Standard Transmission and Dodge RAM 2006-2007 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine with 48RE Automatic Transmission.
- Provides 50 percent More Braking Power at Lower RPM’s. PRXB gives you the best holdback in the 1400-1800 RPM range (where you typically drive).
- The spring controlled pressure regulated mechanism on the exhaust brakes protects against engine overpressure
- When the brake is deactivated, exhaust flow is unrestricted and won’t interfere with power output
- Patented 90 degree Non-contacting Butterfly Valve is specially engineered to maximize backpressure while preventing seizing.
- The brakes use industry exclusive Arcor nitride coating on housing and components which increases resistance to wear and corrosion while strengthening the exhaust brake and adding lubricity.
- Air Actuated: Comes with Air Tank, Hose and Accessories.Switch
Switch Pac (Pacbrake Part Number C18042) for Dodge 2004.5-2007 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine with Standard Transmission.
-ECM Bypass: Optional (Pacbrake Part Number C20135) for Dodge 2004.5 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine with Standard Transmission.
-ECM Bypass: Optional (Pacbrake Part Number C20141) for Dodge 2005 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine with Standard Transmission.
ECM Bypass: N/A for Dodge 2006-2007 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine with Standard Transmission.
Switch Pac: N/A for Dodge 2006-2007 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine with 48RE Automatic Transmission.
Transmission Controller: N/A for Dodge 2006-2007 Cummins 5.9L 24 Valve Engine with 48RE Automatic Transmission
K. Wilson –
Their Service has fallen off the edge of a cliff into an abyssI have owned a PRXB since 05 on my Ram Cummins Diesel. Works fabulously and I highly recommend this exhaust brake. Unfortunately since I last contacted them 4 or 5 years ago, their service has gone to the dogs.I had previously contacted them several times with immediate response (ie, someone actually answered the phone and then called me back to see if my problem was resolved. Unfortunately I have an issue now and have called 3 times and emailed them 2x this week, and have yet to hear from them or talk to anybody. No email response, no one answering the phone NOTHING. They do have a nice automated phone system and play nice music while you are on the phone waiting for no one to pick up. So, yep, a great product, but some of the worst support I have encountered. Welcome to the post plandemic world folks……..Good Luck.
Well worth the money2006 dodge Cummins.Install was moderate. Plan on about 6-8 hours install time for average wrench turner. Directions are strait forward.Performance wise, this brake works great. First hall was 8k pounds. Gives a good amount of additional braking all the way down to 900 ish rpms or 24 mph. Highly recommended.
Should have put this on the pickup when it was new! (2004) Very happy with the performance.I installed this along with a new performance exhaust manifold on my 2004.5 Cummins Dodge with the NV5600 6 speed manual transmission. I am retired so I took my time on the installation. I probably took more than average time to install it. I added a switch on the shift lever so that I can enable/disable it without reaching for a switch on the dash. The instructions were well done. Mounting the air compressor is probably as hard as the brake itself. Aligning the brake to the exhaust flanges is a little tricky and has to be “perfect ” or it will leak. Having capable helper would have made that much easier. I used ratchet straps and levers. My rig is totally rust free so things all came apart fairly easily. It works very well. I used it for our annual 2400 mile (RT) to Baja from central Oregon. I run pretty heavy at about 22K CGVW with a slide in camper and a 27′ enclosed trailer. This device pretty much eliminates the need for your service brakes on grades up to at least 5% and probably closer to 6% at that weight (22K GVW). With the manual trans if you want effective braking at low speeds (say 30 mph) you need to shift down. I think that the kit is built with quality components and should give years of service/peace of mind. I Like the air system as well I ran a line and a quick connect to the back of the PU. I can use it to adjust my air bags or air up some tires after airing down for sand. It’s not a high volume compressor but it is way more convenient than a portable. I have not put a gauge on it but the shutoff seems to be higher than 100psi as I can pump my load range F tires to 90. Jim